Fitness Journey: Never Ending Wait!!

Are you somebody, who has been waiting for a partner to work out with for long. Then read out below (you can read even if this isn't the case).

Even though I would love to add running to my daily exercise routine. Unfortunately, I do not have the stamina to run for long. Just 2 minutes of running leaves me huffing and puffing. Therefore, this time very strategically, I plan to run the annual 5K Marathon that takes place in my office every September. I have run this one before and there are not many great runners in the women category, so little effort from my end can actually let me win (Wicked, I know !).


I did my all my research on “how to run a 5 K marathon in 2 months” and came up with a plan. As per the plan, I motivated my husband to run with me this time. As this would give me a partner and help, keep me motivated. We will follow the Run/Walk approach. Everything was set,
(click the links to get the above list for yourself)

          We were supposed to start from the 17th of July as this would give us exactly two months to work towards our goal. Well, it has been a week and here we are still standing at the starting line. Cannot blame him, as he has been loaded with work suddenly and me, I am just waiting for a partner.

This post is a reminder to me and everyone who is reading this, that working out in a group or even with another person is always fun and helps keep us motivated, helps us to push harder. However, not having a partner should not lead to not working out at all. One should go on, it might take a little push from our end but we can do it. So, tomorrow morning I am going to wake up early and start my training for the marathon that I plan to win. 

  Did I win or not?
  What is run/walk approach?
   Did it work or not?

 I would let you know through my post. And you! Let me know if you have started yet or not?


A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week ~~George SPattonn Jr

Comments