Fitness Journey: How to say 'No'

Being an Indian, biggest problem that I had to overcome; in order to have a bump free ride towards my fitness journey were THE RELATIVES. Yes! You heard it right. I know, first it was me, myself who had to be blamed. However, once, you get over all your fears, laziness and stride towards your goal. You find your relatives, friends, family, colleagues all standing on the way.

In India, (I particularly say India as that is the only culture I know), people show their love and affection by food. The amount of food they make you eat is equivalent to the love they have for you. Their intention is all-good, they just want you to be happy. Which is awesome; unless you are on diet! (Drum rolls!!!).

You explained to them, on how you are trying to lose weight and you are trying to eat healthy. They would be all supportive, but the moment you say no to some food, they made with lots of love and oil (ahem). They just forget everything you said, just 5 minutes ago and cajole you to try a little, at least. To be truthful, I have been guilty of this. I have tried giving sweets to a person on a healthy diet. In addition, argued confidently, one chocolate will not do anything wrong. But the thing is, it does. Moreover, as an individual who is already struggling and trying to keep the temptation down. This could be an end to an hour that they sweated out in gym or outdoor, to burn those stupid calories. Just because the relatives love them.

So at this time, we have to be strong, we have to take a stand. It might hurt a feeling or two. Nevertheless, we have to learn to say ‘No’. Because this is our life, and we choose to eat, what we eat. Of course, we will have a cheat day. However, that day is supposed to be mine. I decide what I eat. In addition, the best part, they will come along, as they love you.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Comments

  1. Totally agreed, I too experienced this specially during Roka period with a comment "OHo shaadi k liye pati ho rhi h... ",
    the language , the sounds you created by words are amazing, keep posting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, I have been through the same 😃

      Delete

Post a Comment