Jab Harry Met Sejal or is it DDLJ?


Being a hard-core fan of romantic movies, I am really looking forward to watching Jab Harry Met Sejal. I recently watched the full trailer of the movie and no doubt trailer is amusing and entertaining. However, the point that struck me most was the fact that how similar the concept looked to Shahrukh Khan’s iconic movie Diwale Dulhania Le jaygene (DDLJ). There have been many movies, which have taken inspiration from the historic DDLJ in the past but somehow this one looks more associated to it than any movie claimed earlier. 

A modern day DDLJ.

Here are my observations:
  •       A girl comes to travel Europe, meets a happy go lucky guy. (Yeah! so what this happens in all romantic movie).
  •        The girl is already engaged to someone back in India. ( now you get it!!).
  •        Girl stays back to find the engagement ring (not because she missed her train, wink-wink).
  •        Girl says I am not one of those girls who falls in love with a tour guy (eyes rolling).
  •        Guy who stays away from love, and closer to girls. Is actually trying to stay away from the girl to avoid Love, I suppose.


However, considering the fact, this is Imtiaj Ali movie, who has given us many tragic and trend-changing love stories in the past. I am assuming the similarities might end here.

So here’s looking forward to 4th of August, when I get to watch a true romantic comedy (my favorite kind) after a long time.

Cheers to that!!


Watch trailer here Jab Harry Met sejal Trailer

Comments

  1. I too felt the same, in fact it looks like blend of jab v met (story and scenes) +Tamasha (locations n looks):)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment