Yes I Eat !

Dieting, as per the dictionary, it means“A regulated selection of foods, as for medical reasons or cosmetic weight loss.” But somehow dieting has become a bad word. When I say “I am dieting” it seems people instead hear “I am not eating anything nowadays“ and then comes the advice,  how not eating would not help, it will  only be temporary, you will get sick, here have these sweets. This has come to a point where instead of saying “sorry, I won’t have cold drinks as I am trying to eat healthy”, I simply say “sorry, I have a sore throat”.  I understand where this is coming from: there are people who actually stop eating in order to lose weight. But this isn’t how it is done.
According to all the (internet) study that I have done regarding weight loss, it is 80% food and 20% exercising. So you would never achieve results if you keep eating all your junk food and do 4 hours of exercise nor would you see results if you stop eating and do no exercise, you may temporarily see results but soon you will feel start feeling exhausted and unhealthy. This isn’t something you can continue long term.

So my friend, if you are on the same road as me trying to lose some weight, please follow a healthy diet where you calculate your intake and avoid junk food. There are many apps available in the market that you can use in the initial phase, these apps would let you know how much calorie intake is needed in a day, as per your BMI.

And my other friends, who are not trying to lose weight, when I say I am dieting, it means I am eating healthy food. So calm down and offer me a cup of green tea. And please don’t laugh, or else I may have to stop meeting you (just kidding, may be not!).

P.S. One week of marathon training, complete.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments