Visioning the Future

I was recently reading Lilly Singh’s “How to be a Bawse” (read Boss) and why not read it? Who doesn’t want to be a ‘Bawse’. In case you are not aware of this book, it is written by Lilly Singh, a well-known YouTuber and an entrepreneur. One of the concepts she explained in the book, and which I felt to try on my own was "Vision board".

A Vision board is basically a vision of your future taped on a chart paper. As per the vision board theory, one should determine what they want from life, like a bigger car, a slimmer body, a world tour, world peace and so on. Once you have the list with you, you need to get a picture of each and paste it on a chart paper or anywhere suitable to you; and keep this chart paper aka vision board at such a place which would  catch your eye more often. Maybe in front of your bed or in your closet or in front of the toilet seat (you get the point). As per the theory, this helps keep us motivated to achieve our dreams and what we want from life. Apparently, you start working towards your goals with more responsibility and actually achieve what you aim for.

Well! So that is easy, I thought. If just cutting pictures of my goals on a chart paper can help me achieve it, why not. And I started determining the things I want for my future. At that moment I realized, some of the things, in fact maybe most of the things I want from life may look selfish, petty or overboard to others. I live in a home with other people. It means my vision board would not only be visible to me but to those people as well. Can I risk it? Can I really write down all the things I want from life on a chart and not expect people to judge me? Or make fun of me? What if I am never able to achieve it?

And hence came the understanding of the difference between people who achieve it all and those who just keep thinking of achieving it all. Former ones are not afraid of people. They dream big and make them true instead of going through all the ‘whys’ in life.

So my task today is, to create a vision board and not let the ‘whys’ scare me. And your job is to read more about vision boards and give it a try yourself. Maybe it would help one of us.

Link to read more about visual board here
You can read the book "How to be a Bawse" here

Comments

  1. All motivational books/videos talk about having a vision.All the best!
    Share with us if it works for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment