When i met Superman!!

I have always considered myself very lucky in terms of the people I have been surrounded by. I was never afraid of going to new places and cities all alone as I always thought, I can always ask somebody around for help. Luckily for me, I did find these people, my everyday Superman. Life is full of shit, full of circumstances which can bring you down. However, I always end up looking at the positive and that may be one reason I stay happy. Yeah! and that can always be a reason for me getting into something bad (who me ? Nah just kidding).

There have been many people in my life who have been part of it for only a few minutes, I am not even aware of their name but their memory will remain etched forever in my life.

Faith Builder 1:
I was small: young may be in class 5 or something. In our city, we had never seen/used escalators. Cut to, Delhi station, my uncle (chacha) who stayed in Delhi, first introduced me to an escalator. And like every first-timer I was afraid to step on it. My uncle took my brother’s hand and got on to the escalator assuming I would follow. However, I stood frozen. I just could not go onto that thing: what if I am leg gets stuck (that’s a real thing). Two minutes later, I found somebody holding my hand and asking me to follow him on the escalator. And he helped me, for no reason. If we go by the society’s norm, he might be a kid from slums and aged between 13 and14. That was my Superman number one.

Faith Builder 2:
It was the Parents teacher meeting and I wore my new dress, which was a salwar kameez with a long dupatta tied around my neck.My friend and I- chatting, laughing and riding our bicycle- were going to school. Suddenly it seemed like somebody was pressing my neck. I looked back and realized my dupatta was stuck in my bicycle wheel and pulling me backwards. I was in class 9 then. I stopped and tried pulling it out but it was badly stuck. I stood there crying. Then enters Superman number two. This gentleman was going to his office on his scooter (as per my assumptions). He stopped and it took him around 10 -15 minutes to finally pull out my dupatta without tearing it (mind you!) and soiling his clothes. Then he went.

Faith Builder 3:
I was done with my class 12th and was preparing for entrance exams. It was my first entrance exam in the university. My father left me outside the university and told me he would be back once exam gets over. I went inside, already scared and then I could not find my roll number on the sheets attached to the university wall. I panicked, and then came Superman number three. He took my roll number and scanned through the sheets, told me the room number and vanished.


There have been many incidents like those above in my life, which are small, but they gave rise to my faith in humanity, my faith in the feeling that somebody would always help me out, my faith that people can/will help you without any hidden agenda. However, in retrospect, I would say I have stopped appreciating these small incidents, these people. May be I take them for granted now or maybe I am too busy with life and fail to appreciate the small things around me. I still have my faith intact, only I have stopped giving people their due. It is time I go back in time and bring back the gratefulness I had.

When I am at it. I would like to appreciate my sister, who without any agenda offered her help to review my posts. My Superman number XXX9(a bow down).

Do let me know if such incidents have happened in your life? Would love to hear.


"I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you're grateful, you'll see God open up new doors".~~~ Joel Osteen


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments